Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pirate101: Monquista

So my pirate is currently lvl 14 and I'm working my way through Monquista.  I have finally reached a point in the game when my attention is divided and I'm not sure what I should be doing.  In Skull Island, I did every side quest I could find, but not that I've moved on to Monquista, I feel compelled to focus on the main story and come back for the side quests when I'm higher level and can just mow through them.

Part of this thought process has to do with my pirate's ship.  I'm currently using "my parent's" skiff, and, though I have all the best gear for it that gold can buy, a level 7 ship doesn't do very well against lvl 10-12 ships and I end up in hand-to-hand combat, which is fine, but I also like just blowing ships out of the air and not having to get into the nitty gritty.  At first I though the reason I was having trouble was because my Nautical Lvl was too low and that raising it would help with combat.  I don't think it does.  I think your nautical level effects what you can equip, but your ship stays the same level it was when you bought it.  In the case of the skiff, that's 7.  I could grind out some gold (or just buy it) but neither of those sounds like great options, given the fact that (I think) you are awarded a new Monquistan ship at the completion of that quest line.  If that's the case, I think I may just rush to the finish and then complete all the side quests in Monquista that I didn't do already once I can complete them with greater ease.

Well, I guess I figured out what I'm going to do.  Thanks for the help, blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment