Practice Player Versus Player (PvP)!Pirate101 is proud to present our initial implementation of PvP! For 2012, we are introducing a "Practice Mode" PvP combat system that you can experience in both your housing and in open PvP areas on Skull Island!
The new Practice PVP system only showcases battleboard combat and currently does not feature a ladder, matchmaking, awards, or the introduction of "PvP Only" / "No PvP" flags for player gear. (This is just the beginning as a full implementation of PvP is still in the making.) Please read more about the philosophy behind our newest feature in this public announcement from J. Todd Coleman.
How Do I Get Started?PvP totems and sigils have been added to the Pirate101 World in a couple of different areas:
- Open 4 versus 4 PvP can be found on Skull Island. Look for the Brawlin' Hall and Spar Chamber behind and to the side of the Kraken Skulls Tavern.
- 1 versus 1 PvP can be found in a couple of our Player houses: The Volcano Island from the exclusive (and no longer available) Boochbeard Bundle and the Castaway's Cove from the GameStop Cutthroat Bundle
- Fleeing is allowed. Bummer.
- The "Pirate" talent will be active. That should make the battles go a bit more quickly.
- Player avatars cannot be charmed (or targeted) but Companions can be.
- Players cannot eject someone from their house (via Friends menu) during PvP.
- The Crown Shop is available during combat. Okay . . . .
- (Known issue) Traps can be seen by opposing team.
- (Known issue) Players using stealth abilities can still be seen by their opponents.