Monday, November 19, 2012

Pirate101 Buccaneer Subclass: Swashbuckler/Privateer

As I mentioned in my last post before the weekend, I wanted to change my subclass for Buccaneer as Witchdoctor sub wasn't doing it for me, damage-wise.

What I ended up going with was the dodge sequence from Swashbuckler, which, while i had to put into stabby weapons, got me a nice bonus to Rough, gave me a better range of movement and gave me a bonus to dodge.  Then I went to the Privateer trainer and got the evasive talent, and skipped the healing.  It doesn't seem to do very much healing, even at the lower levels, so I'm in no hurry to grab it and I already have plenty of defensive boosts, so no need for those yet either.

So far, this is working well, though I miss having an area of effect attack.  My survivability and direct damage seem to have gone up and that's really what I was looking for.  At least my pirate feels like a Buccaneer now instead of a Witchdoctor knock-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment