Friday, January 18, 2013

Pirate101: Thoughts on the Tribal Crew Pack

I opened about 50 of these last night.  I may have a problem.  My other problem is that in all of those packs, I didn't get the one thing I really wanted:  new crew member.  Bummer.

I did get around 5 each of the three pets, the Scrimshaw Drake being my new favorite, 4 hunting pumas, 2 Jade Ankylosauruses, 1 Garnet Ankylosaurus, and about 7-8 Citrine.  All told, I also got 15-20 or so training points (on +1 or +3 cards), lots of gear, a few weapons and a ton of housing items and vendor items.

For the gear, most of it was opened on my lvl 50 Buccaneer so it was lvl 45 and, for the most part wasn't as good as what you can get for drops (which is how it should be, btw) and I was able to get a new outfit and totem.  However, I don't think I saw a totem drop that was superior to the eyepatches you can buy in the crown shop, which was a bit disappointing.

The vendor items range anywhere from 600g to 6,750g but are mostly in the 600-900g range.  Not a great money maker, but they sell for more than the housing items I vendored.  Those averaged 8-60g a piece, with a few that sold for 1,500g.

All in all, I'm sad I didn't get a new crew member, especially after that many opened pack, but I do like the new mounts, especially the pumas, and the gear and weapons look neat.

My advice, if you have the option, is to open these on a low level character.  The stats on the gear are more suited for a boost while leveling than they are for endgame, as they don't have any cards attached to them, or at least not that I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment