Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wizard101: Pack-a-Palooza!

Just saw this on Wizard101.  It seems that in an all out attempt to wring all of the remaining crowns out of my account, card packs are half off until Feb 10.  This means that I will be buying all of them.

Also, if you click on the link, you can get a free gift from KI, which seems to be a free card pack with the chance of an additional item as they introduce the Skyvern's Hoard Pack.

Looks pretty sweet to me.

The website says:

  • Up to 50% OFF ALL Packs!
  • Launching our newest pack, The Skyvern's Hoard!
  • Nightmare & Yuletide Packs Return!
  • Receive a Free Item as a Gift From KingsIsle*
  • Stay tuned for partner giveaways!
Now that I'm playing W101 again in earnest, it's nice to see the Yuletide Pack make a return.  I bought a few when they were released before and got two very fast candycane broom mounts, which is a great return on investment as far as mounts are concerned.  I don't know if that's typical, but if you're a new player looking for an inexpensive mount, that's a good place to start!

Make sure you check out all the official sites on twitter (maybe not mine since I'm only official for P101  . . .  so far!!) for contests as I'm sure KI will be sending out codes for them to disperse to the community.

It will be interesting to see what the new packs contain and how many crowns I'll have left in my account by the mid February.



1 comment: